A BUSY FAMILY NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN AND FIND TIME FOR EACH OTHER.
In our world, many pressures bombard us. The demands of daily go, go, go may drive us to be overwhelmed and reserve little time for family. This is a mistake! When marriage and family are positioned at fourth, fifth, and sixth priority, while work dominates first, second, and third duties, then a household is in trouble.
Ignoring marriage and family life will be the downfall of us. What we need to do is take a time out and look long and hard at our current household situation. Saving marriage and family represents one of the greatest priorities of our culture.
So here are a few suggestions:
1. Don’t be hypnotized by the seduction of making your work your life.
2. Go to each family member, humble yourself, and ask for forgiveness about allowing work to be your master.
3. With all your heart, soul, mind, and strength make loving family you priority.
4. Though you must work and do a good job, determine never to permit your job to define your life.
5. Establish regular fun time with family members and make sure you do what you promise.
6. Let your loved ones see the change you have made by making your family first.
7. Make God and His Word a priority by learning the value of regular Bible reading. Then pray daily and ask Him to make your marriage and family your top priority.